This summer, I did something a little strange. Rather than being assigned to a specific parish or ministry site, I traveled the country on a preaching mission, stopping one week at ten different parishes. It was amazing.
By the numbers, here’s what the summer looked like:
- 9500 miles (roughly) traveled
- 85 days on the road
- 48 Sunday homilies preached
- 25 hour-long talks given
- 20 YouTube videos produced
- 15 beds slept in
- 3200 miles traveled in a single day flying (Santa Ana to Newark to Chicago)
- 787 miles traveled in a single day driving (New York to Chicago)
That… is something else. A summer unlike any I have lived before, and one that I probably won’t live again for a while. But I will live it again, I’m sure. That’s just one of the many things that I learned this summer, found in this week’s YouTube video.